Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Pink Fluff Salad

You voted for it on my Facebook page. You said you wanted it. So here it is: the fluffy salad!

I do enjoy a fluffy pink salad, and have made them before. Remember the "Pink Thing" I made on the old Retro WW blog?

Ew.

Well if you thought that one was bad. Wait until you get a load of this one.

I found the recipe in my Weight Watchers HOT STUFF Magazine (volume 10) circa 1978. Immediately I was drawn in by the name of the recipe: "Pink Fluff". Doesn't it sound fancy??

Well it's not.

First of all, the main ingredient is Diet Red Flavored Artificially Sweetened Carbonated Beverage. I used Diet Faygo Red Pop. And then I dissolved some gelatin into it. And then I stuck it in the blender and made it "fluffy". And then I sat down and contemplated my life choices.

The Salad Maker!

Next up: I chopped up some veggies and an apple. Cabbage, celery and Fuji to be exact.

Why not just leave the poor fruits and veggies alone?
Why must we encase them in gelatin?
Why Why WHY!?

And then... you guessed it...I mixed it all together and chilled until it was firm. Oh boy.

I just have one teeny-tiny question.

WHY IS THIS CALLED A SALAD?!?!

Nope.

THE VERDICT:  I took one bite and spit it in the sink. Seriously. This was really foul. I mean for me to say that - you know its pretty bad. Most of you know that I have eaten some really nasty stuff, but this is the first time I can recall actually being personally offended by a food.  

But I'll get over it. I always do. Nothing a little Listerine can't fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment